Coached Open Water Swimming – Wed, Level 4
LocationBlackrock Diving Tower
Date/TimeDate(s) - 30/06/2021 - 28/07/2021
07:00 - 08:00
PLEASE CHOOSE A SESSION SUITED TO YOUR ABILITY, NOT BECAUSE THE TIME SUITS YOU. Coaches will advise if you are not suited to the level and you will be moved to another session if there is space, or refunded if necessary.
To lessen the admin burden, sessions CANNOT be given to another club member if you are unable to attend. Ideally, you will only purchase if you are available for all sessions in the block
- This session is only suitable for more advanced swimmers who are very comfortable in open water
- Swimmers must be capable of swimming 2k per session
- Sessions will be a mix of skills sessions and distance sessions, depending on conditions.
- Each session will last for 45-60 minutes. If swimmers wish to leave early for any reason, kayak support will remain with the group. Swimmers will be advised by the coach of the quickest and safest route to the shore
- Wetsuit mandatory, tow float recommended
- Please follow all instructions in the safety briefing (which will be shared ahead of each session)
- The meeting point is typically the slip near the shower in Blackrock, Salthill but this may change
- You will be added to a WhatsApp group in order to be able to get information to you quickly in the event of a cancellation or change of location. If you do not have WhatsApp, please provide on registration the number of someone who does and can get this information to you in a timely manner. If you cannot provide this then please DO NOT purchase sessions
- In the unlikely event that a session is cancelled, we will try our best to work around this with coaches and swimmers to rearrange the session, or else refund the cost of that week to you
Bookings for this event are currently closed