Pool coached swimming will resume the week of the 18th of September and will be available to purchase on Tuesday the 12th of September at 10am via the GTC Memberzone.
REMINDER: If you have not registered on the GTC Member Zone, please do it before the sessions go on sale. Each account must be manually approved, and this may take some time. You cannot purchase swim block until you have registered on the club website and your account has been approved.
There are a few changes to note ahead of the pool sessions:
- Mondays improver sessions: coach change – Patrick will take this until at least December.
- Tuesday Intermediate sessions: coach change – Brendan will take this until at least December.
- Due to cost increases in lane rental, all sessions have been increased to €9.75 per session. Block of 6 weeks will be €58.50.
- Sessions will now go on sale at 10 am in the morning.
- We will sell the timetable that was in place in the last block before summer; however, changes may be made depending on the current demand.
PURCHASING SWIM BLOCK
- Booking can be made via the GTC Member Zone under `Member Zone` by selecting “Make A Booking” – “Pool Swim Block” and selecting the appropriate session.
- Please choose a session suitable to you based on your swimming ability. If you do not choose the right session for you, you will be moved to a different session (if space) or refunded. This is so you and your fellow swimmers get the most out of each session.
- If you are unable to swim front crawl continuously and comfortably for 100m without rest, then you are not at the required ability to attend any of our swim sessions. Please contact email@example.com if you would like recommendations for private swim lessons.
- Please check your emails in advance of each session in case of any important updates.
|Pool coached timetable from week commencing 18th Sept. Subject to change depending on demand.|
|Sessions will generally be sold in blocks of 6 weeks (except where a session falls on a bank holiday or the Sunday preceding a bank holiday Monday).|
|Mon 7am||Improvers||Ocean Fitness||Patrick|
|Tues 7am||Intermediate||Ocean Fitness||Brendan|
|Wed 7am||Intermediate/Advanced||Ocean Fitness||Patrick|
|Wed 7.30pm||Intermediate/ Advanced||NUIG Kingfisher||Robert|
|Thurs 7am||Improvers||Renmore Kingfisher||Jonathan|
|Fri 7am||Intermediate/ Advanced||Renmore Kingfisher||Jonathan|
|Fri 7am||Intermediate/ Advanced||Ocean Fitness||Brendan|
|Sun 6pm||Intermediate||Ocean Fitness||Patrick|
|Improvers||swimmers who require more stroke correction and enjoy a little more rest. 100m sets @>2mins.Ssessions will cover up to 1k total distance.|
|Intermediate||swimmers who are more comfortable swimming pool sets and can swim sets of 100m @ 1.50/1.55. Sessions will generally cover 1.5k+|
|Advanced||swimmers who like longer sets with less rest and can swim sets of 100m @ 1.30/1.40. Sessions will generally cover 2-2.5k+|
|Intermediate Advanced||Sessions cater for 2 abilities with greater differences in times/distances across the 2 lanes.|