WHY JOIN GALWAY TRIATHLON CLUB?
Joining Galway Triathlon Club – #TeamGTC – comes with unlimited benefits some of which are listed below:
- You are joining one of Ireland’s largest and most active Triathlon Clubs in the Country
- There is a great mix of athletes across all abilities and distances from novices who have never ‘TRI’d to those who have completed numerous Ironman distance events and represented Ireland in their Age-Group at World Championship Level.
- You are covered by insurance for all organised training events within the club (via Triathlon Ireland).
- You can attend all GTC coached training sessions including Pool and open water swimming lessons, triathlon-specific spin and bike sessions as well as dedicated run, strength &conditionsing, core and brick sessions organised for members
- You get the support, guidance, encouragement and company of all the other members who will gladly impart their triathlon knowledge and insights
- All our Coaches are a minimum LEVEL 1 Triathlon Ireland qualified coaches, our Swim coaches are experienced Swim Ireland coaches
- Most importantly, It’s social, fun and a great way to get and stay fit with like-minded people whilst having lots of FUN!
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The cost of annual membership for Galway Triathlon Club is €65.
Membership runs from January to December of each year.
This year we’ve made it easier to join, you now join up with Triathlon Ireland (TI) and GTC in one step on the Triathlon Ireland website.
Even if you do not plan on doing any races you MUST join the club and have TI membership for insurance reasons to be covered at training sessions and to participate in TI sanctioned races and events.
WHAT TRIATHLON IRELAND MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE?
There are a number of different membership types to suit athletes who want to race, junior athletes and athletes who just want to train with their clubs.
- Full Membership
- U23 Membership
- Swim Plus Membership
- U23 Swim Plus Membership
- Club Training Membership
- Junior Membership
- Youth Membership
- Kid’s Membership
Full details and costs can be found on the Triathlon Ireland website.
I’M READY TO JOIN, WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
To join Triathlon Ireland go to the Triathlon Ireland Membership Page and fill out the form as guided and directed. To join up with Galway Triathlon Club fill out the Club Membership section at the end of the Triathlon Ireland form.
- For “Pay club membership” select “Galway TC“
- For “Membership type” select “Full club membership“
Login to Triathlon Ireland with your existing account and click on RENEW at the end of the form in the club membership section:
- Select “Galway TC“
- Select “Yes” to pay club membership
- Select “Full club membership“
STUDENT/ UNEMPLOYED MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS
Galway Triathlon Club offers a reduced membership rate of €35 to students and the unemployed . You can now purchase this reduced club membership online with Triathlon Ireland.
This is now available online to children of adult GTC members, please follow the same process as above for new and existing members. Information on Junior training and membership is available on the Junior pages of the website.
If you have any queries on any of the above please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org